Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to participate in the free knowledge movement, you may:
- Read, edit, or use any Wikimedia Site without registering an account.
- Register for an account without providing an email address or real name.
Because we want to understand how site is used so we can make it better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions.
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Use BudgetDust.org.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback.
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the Wikimedia Sites, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the Wikimedia Sites, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to a BudgetDust Site will be publicly and permanently available.
- If you add content or make a change to a BudgetDust Site without logging in, that content or change will be publicly and permanently attributed to the IP address used at the time rather than a username.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of BudgetDust.org, who are chosen by the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect BudgetDust and enforce policies.